Skip to main content

Denied access to Bangkok during overnight layover at DMK, forced to stay in airport all night. Can I claim compensation or a refund?

Hi everyone,

I had an overnight international layover at Don Mueang Airport (DMK) before my flight to Bali. I wanted to leave the airport to visit Bangkok and return the next morning for my flight. I even booked a hotel for the night.

When I tried to leave the airport, I was refused permission to exit and was required to stay airside overnight. This was not a visa issue: my passport allows visa-free entry to Thailand for tourism.

I had to stay overnight in the international departures area, where there are no sleeping facilities. Even the lounges available did not have beds. The situation caused significant stress and discomfort for me and my fiancée.

Has anyone experienced this at DMK? Is there any possibility of compensation, a goodwill gesture, refund, or reimbursement from the airline, airport, or travel insurance in this type of situation?

Details:

- Airport: Don Mueang (DMK), Bangkok

- Airline: AirAsia

Thanks for any advice.

submitted by /u/saradata
[link] [comments]

The Bangkok Community https://ift.tt/gcKFMdn

Bangkok Hotel Deals

Comments

Popular posts from this blog