I'm on a way back to Prague as a solo traveller coming from a long stay in Japan. I planned to stay in Bangkok for a week before going home, to enjoy a little bit of luxury and relax after staying on a budget in Japan.
Well little did I know that I will have to stay on budget here as well! Seriously, almost everything here is more expensive than in Japan, maybe apart from accommodation, because living space comes at a premium in Tokyo.
I was looking for a nice chill bar with a normal atmosphere, where I could drink and meet some local people or travelers. I guess that's just not happening. Firstly, all I saw so far was either bars with pushy tenders, and/or people sitting there in tight groups with no chance to meet someone, and secondly, I'm refusing to pay more for a drink in a street bar here than I would pay for one in Prague in a great cocktail bar. Like seriously, what is wrong with the prices here? Do locals just not go out, or am I in the wrong areas? I can't imagine this is affordable for anyone but tourists from rich countries.
Same with the restaurants. Of course, you can get great food from locals cheaply and I love it, but 50m further down the road, a restaurant will sell you the same stuff for 8x more? How is this ok?
Sorry, rant is over. I guess I'm just really spoiled from Japan, and came here wildly unprepared.
[link] [comments]
The Bangkok Community https://ift.tt/h9JmHuc
Bangkok Hotel Deals
Comments
Post a Comment